Goito. Il ponte, 30 aprile 1848. The bridge, April 30, 1848
The Sardinian side. Three Platoons: 1 Platoon with 4 squads representing the Royal Marines Batallion led by Maj. Alli Maccarani (left); 1 Platoon with 4 squads of Bersaglieri representin 1st Company, led by Captain Muscas (centre); 1 Platoon with 6 squads of Mantua Volunteers (later 8th Bersaglieri ...
The Austrian side: 1 Jaeger Company (IV Btn.) with 3 platoons of 3 squads each. The Command Group is made by Capt. Knezich, a Deputy and a Trumpeteer. On the border: the river Mincio with his bridge. On the left of the river, from below:Villa Gonzaga, the Giraffa's Tavern, the town of Goito
The town of Goito, surrounded by a stone wall
The fields close to the town
The approach to Villa Gonzaga. Behind the trees, the road to the bridge.